Welcome to the exciting and delicious world of fine cheese!
If you are just beginning to learn about farmhouse and artisan cheese, we recommend that you start your journey by sampling 15 classics of the cheese genre. All the cheeses that have made it onto our list have existed in the world for at least 200 years, some for as long as 900!*
- Brie de Meaux (Renard Gillard, Rouzaire, and/or Dongé)
- Parmigiano Reggiano, especially from Red Cows' Milk (24+ months)
- Mozzarella di Buffala (from Campagna)
- A cloth-bound cheddar, like Quicke's, Keens, or Montgomery's Cheddar (12+ months)
- Fiore Sardo (or Pecorino Sardo)
- Comté (18+ months)
- Gorwydd Caerphilly
- Gruyère D'Alpage (12+ months)
- Epoisses de Bourgogne (Berthaut, Gaugry)
- Gorgonzola Dolce and Gorgonzola Piccante
- Roquefort (Le Vieux Berger)
- Manchego (curado)
- Ossau Iraty
- Dunlop (cloth-bound)
Enjoy your journey!
P.S. If you'd like 10% off your next cheese treat, click HERE to subscribe and get a discount.