CLICK & COLLECT
Is available at the checkout. At Christmas we'll have a limited number of collections available each day.
The delivery charge is worked out based on the postcode. You can selected a suitable delivery date from the Calendar during the checkout process.
EH39-EH42 postcodes (Haddington, Gifford, Dunbar, North Berwick, East Linton, other areas within 5 mile radius of the shop): Orders over £35 - free delivery; orders under £35 - delivery charge £4.50.
Other EH and FK1-16 post codes (East Lothian, Edinburgh, Fife) : Orders over £60 ‐ free delivery; orders under £60 ‐ delivery is £4.50.
Central Scotland: Order over £60 ‐ free delivery; order under £60 ‐ £6.99;
Northern Scotland and Highlands: £15.00 (48-hour service).
REST OF BRITAIN
England & Wales: Order over £60 ‐ free delivery; order under £60 ‐ £6.99.
Northern Ireland and Islands (Isle of Man, Scilly, Skye, Wight, Jersey, Guernsey): we currently do not ship to.
Most of the mainland UK gets a next day delivery service. However, certain areas of the UK get a longer service. Our boxes are designed to be safe in transit for up to 48 hours.
When placing an order, please make sure to provide:
- an alternative delivery instruction, in case you’re not in to receive the order (such as “leave on porch, leave in a shed, leave with neighbour”)
- complete post code and mobile number (will be used for courier notifications)
Our checkout system allows you to pick a date in the future to receive your delivery. If you are buying cheeses for a special occasion, please allow an extra day or two for your cheeses to arrive, in case of unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances.
During December and other peak periods, we may require additional days to process and
deliver your order and will inform you of any unusual delays.
CUTTING AND PRICING
All our cheeses are cut by hand so weight variation is to be expected. Please note that cheeses are not sold by weight on the website, but by item. Therefore, a 200g of cheese can be between 185g and 220g.
We take great care in packaging and delivering your order.
- Cheeses are wrapped in specialist cheese paper that will allow them to breathe and not suffocate.
- Cheeses and condiments are then packaged in a cardboard box (reusable and recyclable) with an insulated foil pouch and ice packs to ensure the correct temperature is maintained for a minimum of 24 hours (up to 48 hours, if required).
A personalized gift note can be included with all of our products at no extra charge.
RETURNS, CLAIMS AND EXCEPTIONS
Cheeses are perishable goods therefore unfortunately we cannot accept returns. However, if you suspect something is wrong with your order please contact us immediately (definitely within 24 hours) and if at all possible supply pictures of the issue.
It is your responsibility to track the delivery of your order (including orders sent as gifts). Your confirmation email a connection with Google Calendar, so to help you keep track of your order make sure to add it a reminder to your Google Calendar.
We will do everything possible to re‐route orders for timely delivery but cannot be
responsible for damaged or compromised product due to the following:
- Delayed deliveries due to weather or other “force majeure” situations;
- Incorrect addresses;
- Unopened shipments;
- Gift shipments sent to recipients who are out of town or otherwise unavailable to receive their shipment. Please notify recipient of the pending arrival of perishables.
Please note, during periods of high shipment volumes, our couriers may not be able to deliver within 24 hours. But rest assured, your order is packed in an insulated pouch on ice so it can be in transit for up to 48 hours.
Due to the relatively small scale of our cheese and condiment producers occasionally some cheeses and condiments may be unavailable (especially during periods of extremely high demand, such as Christmas and Easter) and we will have to substitute them with similar products.